Sunday 5 June 2016

05/06/2016 American Golden Plover at Rye Harbour NNR Nightjars, Woodcock and Cuckoo in Ashdown Forest

Sunday 5 June 2016
Rye Harbour NNR, East Sussex

Just had time to pop down to Rye Harbour NNR to twitch the american golden plover, a lifer for me and one I missed last year in Scotland.

Additionsto BUBO 2016 UK Year List
American Golden Plover   (220)

Additionsto BUBO UK Life List
American Golden Plover   (314)






Old Airstrip, Ashdown Forest
Nightjars and woodcock seen again on the forest again last night at the Old Airstrip.  This time I targeted the area SE of the car park.


  • I was in place when a superb male nightjar started churring and then flew close by me (less than 10 m) - awesome!



  • Contrary to what I said yesterday, I made 5 woodcock sightings here tonight.



  • I heard, then saw, a cuckoo again at this site - my second time.  It is unusual to witness this so late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.