Wednesday 3 May 2023

Miscellaneous birding

Monday 1 May 2023

Uckfield


  • I saw my first swifts of the year as I walked my dog Odin in Victoria park.


Tuesday 2 May 2023 (am)

Weir Wood Reservoir

Several birds to add to my 2023 list:

  • Garden warbler - heard as Bob D and myself did our snake survey in Whillets. 
  • There was a reed warbler in the reeds by the main hide.
  • My first common terns of the year on the new tern hide.


Tuesday 2 May 2023 (pm)

Cuckmere Haven, Sussex

News came through of a black-winged stilt on the coast nearby so I decided to go and see it late afternoon.  

  • The bird was showing well on the scrape to the east of the river.

courtesy of Harvey-S-86 and Twitter

courtesy of Harvey-S-86 and Twitter



Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Uckfield

I heard then saw my first lesser whitethroat of the year as I walked Odin in the recreation ground adjacent to the local primary school nearest to my home.

 2023 species count = 161

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.