Tuesday 11 January 2022

Weir Wood Reservoir and Cuckmere Haven

Tuesday 4th January 2022


Weir Wood Reservoir a.m.

Wet weather today so I cut my losses and headed to Weir Wood Reservoir.

  • Bird of the day was the lovely Grey Wagtail I saw in the channel at the dam end.
  • Not far behind in the voting was the Marsh Tit seen at the feeders from the car park at the west end.
  • Other species seen included Egyptian Goose, Greylag Goose, Great Spotted Woodpecker,  Green Woodpecker, Jay and Meadow Pipit.



Cuckmere Haven  p.m.

I decided to go down to Cuckmere Haven for the gull roost, arriving late afternoon.  
  • Unfortunately the gulls were in 2 locations with only about 25% in the usual place.  The rest were down towards Exceat Bridge and too far from me to watch even with my scope.  There were no obvious Caspian Gulls in the group I watched.
  • I did however see the Short-eared Owl hunting over the field on the eastern side of the river.
  • I also added Canada Goose to my year list.



Year total =  68

Another really nice visit, brought to a premature close by the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.