Wednesday 12 January 2022

Hawfinches Again!

Heathfield, Sussex


Friday 7th January 2022

I arrived late so I missed the first wave.  however a single Hawfinch showing well at the top of the hornbeam tree saved my blushes (2.52 pm), staying for almost 30 minutes before dropping down to the lower reaches to roost.


Monday 10th January 2022

This time I took Alison with me. As we were parking the car the local landowner pulled up beside us and told us in no uncertain terms that we were on a private road.  After a short discussion he begrudgingly agreed to turn a blind eye this time after we promised never to park there again.

  • At the usual viewpoint there were 4 Hawfinches showing just on 2 pm and they stayed for the customary 30 minutes before departing.
  • In the adjacent tree there were 20+ Redwings - another first for my 2022 list.


Year total =  91


I need to find an alternative car parking area!    














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.