Sunday 11 April 2021

Odds and Sods 2

 Saturday 10th April 2021

Churlwood, Ashdown Forest

  • I spent the early morning on a Dartford Warbler survey, hearing 1 but not able to make a sighting.  
  • I also heard 2 singing Woodlarks which was also part of our survey remit.


                                                       Saturday 10th April 2021

                                                           Weirwood Reservoir

Before heading home I detoured to Weirwood Reservoir to look for a couple of Little Ringed Plovers that AG had reported earlier.  Whilst there I bumped into Gareth and his friend.

The Little Ringed Plovers were still there at the opposite end of the dam to us but the ID was confirmed as they moved towards us.

Also present was a lovely Grey Wagtail and several Hirundines, mostly Swallows but there was a single House Martin that Gareth's friend spotted preening by the edge of the water.


Another week where my birding got back on track - now up to 112 on my 2021 year list and 357 on my UK all time list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.