Sunday 22 March 2020

22/03/2020 First Wheatear of 2020 at Rye Harbour

Sunday 22 March 2020
Rye Harbour NNR

  • Saw my first wheatear of the year at Rye Harbour NNR late this afternoon.  It was hunkering down in a sheltered area at the southern end of the main path - on the west side about 20m away.
  • Earlier in the day, I had a probable lesser spotted woodpecker on the Ashdown Forest.  However,  I was looking into the sun and as it stayed for such a short period of time,  I would like to withhold judgement for a future date, after I have visited again.  Yesterday, around the same time - 08.00 as I was replying to a phone call from Sue it flew in and I didn't get a good view then either.

A lovely end to the day - gorgeous views if a tad cold in the easterly breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.