Saturday 21 March 2020

21/03/2020 In and around Chichester

21 March 2020

  • Having dipped yet again with the lesser spotted woodpecker in the Ashdown Forest this morning, I felt the need to find an easier species. 

It was a toss up between Rye Harbour to see if I could get my first wheatear of the year or Pagham Harbour for garganey.  Off to Chichester I went for the late afternoon/evening period.

  • It didn't take long to locate the garganey - a drake was just disappearing into the reeds at the Breech Pool as I arrived.  Not long afterwards another showed about 20 metres east.



With time to spare I thought I would end the day at Medmerry, parking at Easton Lane.

  • The highlight was seeing a couple of little ringed plovers, several ringed plovers and a small number of avocets on the Stilt Pool.
 
A couple of hours well spent- in complete safety!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.