Friday 20 March 2020

20/03/2020 A welcome sign of Spring as we enter the worst period in our history

Friday 20 March 2020

  • I had no luck with an early morning trip to the Ashdown Forest to look for lesser spotted woodpeckers.  This was my third unsuccessful visit this week to the site where they have been seen regularly!
  • Later on at Weir Wood Reservoir I saw my first returning birds of the year - a handful of sand martins were flying around, low over the water, at the dam end.  A sure sign that Spring is just round the corner.



The disastrous coronavirus situation has left Sue and I self-isolating, going out only to walk the dogs.  Thankfully Tesco are proving reliable for home deliveries of essential foodstuffs etc.  I am able to take some exercise by birdwatching in the local area but I don't want to stray too far. 

Sadly planned trips (x3) with Marcus and our RSPB trip to Wales have all had to be cancelled as have all the local RSPB walks and indoor meetings. 



Sadly, it's time for Sue and I to lockdown to concentrate on keeping safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.