Thursday 5 January 2023

Tuesday 3 January 2023 - Swans in Kent

 I just needed to see the visiting swans today so, despite the awful conditions I drove down to Walland Marsh in Kent to twitch the Whoopers and the Bewicks.

  • The usual road via the Woolpack Inn was closed due to flooding so I took the route via Old Romney to Hawthorn Corner where I found the Bewick swans feeding in a field about 100 metres away.  There were at least 35, all showing well.  
  • A little further along the road I came to the 2 Whooper swans and a single mute swan in the field just behind Midley Cottages and again quite distant so scope views were essential to confirm the ID.

Bewick swan   23
Whooper swan   24
Mute swan   25



I didn't hang around too long - it was wet and windy with more rain forecast soon.   

species count = 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.