Thursday 5 January 2023

Sunday 1 January 2023 Happy New Year - slow start to my 2023 birding.

 1 January 2023

Walking the dog a.m.

The ground was saturated for today's walk so the birding was not good.  The highlights were my first green woodpecker of 2023 and the sight of a small flock of long-tailed tits as they flew low past me.


Blackbird   1

Blue Tit   2

Carrion Crow   3

Collared Dove   4

Dunnock    5

Great Tit   6

Green Woodpecker   7

Herring Gull   8

House Sparrow   9

Jackdaw    10

Long-tailed Tit   11

Magpie   12

Robin   13

Feral Pigeon   14

Song Thrush   15

Starling   16

Woodpigeon   17

Wren   18


At Heathfield p.m.

This time last year I was looking at Hawfinches field outside Heathfield.  No such luck this year.  By way of consolation I saw a redwing and a sparrowhawk.

Redwing   19

Sparrowhawk   20


A planned, slow start!


species count = 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.