Wednesday 6 February 2019

06/02/2019. Great Grey Shrike in Ashdown Forest

Wednesday 6 February 2019
Wrens Warren, Ashdown Forest, Sussex

  • I finally caught up with the Great Grey Shrike around 2.30 pm this afternoon.  It was in its favourite dead tree (TQ.472.314).  
  • This was my fourth attempt and even then I had to wait for almost an hour for the bird to show.
  • Recent reports have placed the bird at TQ.474.319 which is further north and east and down the valley by the bridge.  Try as I may,  I could not find the shrike there.
  • My advice would be to focus on the dead tree and simply wait at a convenient viewing point.  You can even watch from your car in the lay-by on the B2026 just east of the Gills Lap car park.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.