Tuesday 14 September 2021

Pectoral Sandpiper at London Wetland Centre

Monday 13th September 2021

London Wetland Centre p.m.


It was all about Pectoral Sandpipers today with reports of 2 within reasonable travelling distance.  One was at RSPB Pulborough Brooks and the other was at the London Wetland Centre.  I chose the latter, primarily because it offered the chance of closer views.

  • Bang on cue, the bird was there, just 30 metres or so in front of me as I viewed from the WWF Hide.  It looked truly magnificent on the waters edge as it went about its business.
courtesy of Charlotte Weddell and Twitter





courtesy of Charlotte Weddell and Twitter


  • I also saw at least 6 Ring-necked Parakeets as I made my way back to the car. 

Well worth the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.