Friday 5 June 2015

05/06/2015 On my patch Hobby's, Cuckoo but no Honey Buzzard

Friday 5th June 2015
Ashdown Forest

The expected bad weather did not materialise so I took the opportunity to go looking for Honey Buzzards on my patch in the Ashdown Forest.  With a temperature of 23C and quite humid conditions I spent a very pleasant 3 hours on an elevated position overlooking a wooded valley below me. 

  • Although I did not see the target bird I did manage to get several views of Hobby's, with at least 2 different birds present.  I also heard a Cuckoo and several Blackcaps.  Sue from the Ashdown Group joined me for a while and she heard and then we saw a Whitethroat.

  • I made lots of sightings of Buzzards, with at least 4 different birds around.  Alas non of them were Honey Buzzards.

Bad weather today - where ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.